Sicilian Swordfish /
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 whole cloves garlic, peeled and cut in half
- 1pound cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup sliced green olives (We used Cerignola olives)
- 1 tablespoon capers in salt, well rinsed
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 6 Fourounce swordfish steaks,1/2-inch thick
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan large enough to hold the swordfish steaks in one layer. Add the garlic and cook a couple of minutes to flavor the oil. Add the tomatoes and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the oregano, salt, olives and capers and cook a couple of minutes. Raise heat to high and add wine, allow most of it to boil off. Stir in the raisins. Transfer sauce to a bowl.
- In the same pan, add a little olive oil and when it is hot, add the swordfish steaks. Cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Return the sauce to the pan, cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. The fish is done when an internal-read thermometer registers that a temperature of 145°F has been reached.
- Serve the swordfish with some of the pan juices and sprinkle the pine nuts over the top.
This recipe was featured on Season 28 - Episode 2802.
No comments on this recipe.