Slow Cook Lasagna
- 3 cups well drained ricotta cheese, homemade or store bought
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella, cut into bits
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten with a fork
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 cups tomato sauce
- 10 no-boil Del Verde lasagna sheets or other comparable brand
- In a bowl, combine the cheeses, egg, parsley, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Spread about 3/4 cup of the tomato sauce in the base of a slow cooker insert.
- Lay two sheets of lasagna noodles on top, overlapping them. Do not worry if the noodles do not fit exactly; they will expand in the cooking and fill the space.
- Spread 1 cup of the ricotta cheese mixture over the top of the noodles. Dot with 4 tablespoons of the tomato sauce.
- Cover the cheese with two more lasagna sheets and continue making four layers as described above. Top with the last two sheets of lasagna noodles. Spread the remaining tomato sauce evenly over the lasagna.
- Cover the pan and set to cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours on low power.
This recipe was featured on Season 24 - Episode 2409.