Got Leftover Mashed Potatoes?
Sometimes you can make something extraordinary and surprising from leftovers.
Case in point, ordinary mashed potatoes
Don’t throw them out because they can be turned into gourmet fare.
Here are four ways to put the tired old spud to good use and taste again.
- ½ cup diced sun dried tomatoes
- #1: Combine the potatoes with ½ cup diced sun dried tomatoes in olive oil; form into flat disks and fry in a little olive oil until nicely browned on both sides.
- #2: Combine the potatoes with your favorite fresh minced herbs and grated cheese. Flour your hands and form into malt ball size balls. Fry in vegetable oil and serve hot with a glass of wine for an appetizer
- #3 Form the potatoes into fish stick length pieces and dip each one in flour, beaten egg and coat in bread crumbs. Place the sticks on a lightly oiled baking sheet and bake at 375F until nicely browned. Serve hot
- #4 Heat one quart low-sodium chicken broth in a soup pot; add the potatoes and whisk to combine until smooth.Stir in one 10 ounce package fresh spinach, shredded. Bring to a boil and cook a couple of minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into soup bowls and top with shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese.
This recipe was featured on Season 8 - Episode 809.
No comments on this recipe.