Snow White Nut Balls
Makes 2 ½ dozen
- 1 stick butter, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 cup finely ground walnuts, pecans or hazelnuts
- Confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl with an electric mixer. Beat in the vanilla. Gradually beat in the flour on low power. Stir in the nuts.
- With lightly floured hands break off small pieces the size of a whole walnut and form into balls. Place the balls on parchment lined baking sheets, about 1/2-inch apart.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool cookies slightly.
- Sift 1 ½ cups of confectioners sugar into a medium size bowl. Roll the cookie a few at a time in the sugar to coat them well. Let cool completely.
- Wrap the cookies in groups of 4 in press and seal and place in freezer tins or plastic bags. Label and place in freezer. When ready to use, simply defrost.
No comments on this recipe.