Sorrel and Endive Salad / Insalata d'Acetosella ed Indivia
Lemon-flavored sorrel is an herb that is used sparingly in Italian cooking. In this recipe, its dark green leaves are combined with Belgian endive to provide a pleasing color contrast as well as a refreshing taste enhanced by a lemon and mustard dressing. Sorrel, from the spinach family, is available in the spring.
Serves 8 to 10
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 heads Belgian endive, leaves separated, washed, and dried
- 3 ribs celery, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded sorrel leaves
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, mustard, and salt together. Gradually whisk in the olive oil, drop by drop, until emulsified and smooth.
- In a salad bowl, toss the endive, celery, and sorrel together. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss. Serve immediately.
This recipe was featured on Sorrel and Endive Salad / Insalata d’Acetosella ed Indivia - Episode 711.
No comments on this recipe.