- 1 pound puff pastry
- 1 cup well squeezed spinach, finely chopped
- 4 ounces scamorza, cubed
- 1 teaspoon Filippo Berio olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes or pepper paste
- 1/4 cup diced prosciutto di San Danielle
- 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Roll the pastry out into a 12 inch square and cut 2 inch circles.
- Mix all the ingredients, except the egg yolk, in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a small amount in the center of each circle; fold over to form a turnover and seal the edges closed with a fork.
- Place the turnovers on parchment lined baking sheets, spacing them about an inch apart. Brush them with the beaten egg and bake for about 15 minutes or until nicely browned. Serve warm.
This recipe was featured on Season 23 - Episode 2321.
No comments on this recipe.