Stuffed Celery with Hazelnuts/Sedano Farcito alla Nocciola
- 4 ribs celery, cleaned and cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1 1/2 cups fresh ricotta cheese at room temperature
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley, stemmed
- 1 whole clove peeled garlic
- Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- Place the ricotta cheese in a bowl and whip it with an immersion blender until it is smooth. Set aside
- In a small food processor, pulse the nuts, parsley and garlic together. Add all but 2 tablespoons of the nut mixture to the cheese and salt to taste. Mix well. Transfer the mixture to a tipless pastry bag and pipe into celery.
- Arrange on platter and sprinkle with remaining nuts and a drizzle of oil.
- Note: If you wish to remove the thin paper-like wrapping from the nuts, boil them for a few minutes in a small pan with 2 cups of water and 3 tablespoons of baking soda. When a slight squeeze of the nut causes the paper to part from the nut, remove from the water and cool until you can handle them easily.
This recipe was featured on Season 24 - Episode 2418.