Summer Tomato Sandwich Re-Do
This ultimate summer tomato sandwich made with a new twist always gets raves.
- Line a loaf pan with plastic wrap leaving an overhang. Cut a loaf of bread lengthwise into ½-inch thick slices.
- Cut several beefsteak tomatoes into thin round slices. Have whole fresh basil leaves ready. Make your favorite salad dressing.
- Line pan with one bread slice and brush it with some of the dressing. Add a layer of tomatoes slightly overlapping each other and then basil leaves.
- Continue making layers as described. End with bread.
- Bring sides of plastic wrap over the loaf to cover completely.
- Place a weight on top of the pan like a brick wrapped in foil or a couple of heavy canned foods.
- Refrigerate several hours. Unmold, and remove plastic wrap.
- Place loaf on serving dish and cut into thick slices crosswise.
No comments on this recipe.