Swiss Chard, Potato, and Carrot Pie
Serves 4 to 6
- 9 xinch pie dish or similar casserole dish
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and grated on medium holes of cheese grater
- 1 cup cooked and well squeezed Swiss chard, chopped (1 bunch Swiss chard, cleaned, leaves only, steamed)
- 4 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, microwaved until cooked, cooled and peeled
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano or Pecorino Romano cheese
- Grating of nutmeg
- Salt and pepper taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Brush the pie pan with olive oil and set aside.
- In a medium size sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil; add the onion and carrot and cook until onion begins to soften; stir in the chopped Swiss chard and cook a couple of minutes. Transfer mixture to a bowl.
- Mash the potatoes and add the egg, cheese, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Combine with the Swiss chard mixture; adjust seasoning, if necessary, and spread in the pie plate. Drizzle the top with olive oil and sprinkle with more grated cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Serve scooped from the pie dish.
This recipe was featured on Season 28 - Episode 2810.
No comments on this recipe.