Swordfish Soup/Minestra di Pesce Spada
- 1 tablespoon Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- 1 carrot, small dice
- 1 rib celery, small dice
- 1 shallot, small dice
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes or pepper paste
- 1 pound swordfish, skin removed and fish cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups low fat half/half
- 2 cups coarsely chopped beet tops or spinach
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a 2 quart saucepan and cook the carrot, celery and shallot until they begin to wilt. Add lemon juice and allow it to evaporate. Stir in the hot pepper and swordfish and cook over medium heat until the fish begins to turn white. Add the milk and half/half and gently bring to a boil. Stir in the beet greens or spinach and cover the pot. Cook over medium heat until the greens wilt. Stir in the parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was featured on Season 24 - Episode 2415.