- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 cup diced prosciutto di San Daniele
- 3 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups raw Arborio Rice, cooked in broth or water
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 cups peanut oil
- Mix the mozzarella, parsley, Parmigiano and prosciutto in a large bowl. Beat 1 of the eggs and add to the mixture. Blend well. Add salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste
- With wet hands take small clumps of risotto, about a half cup or the size of a small orange, and with your fingers, form a ball. Poke your finger in the middle to create a hole and push in some of the cheese mixture. Close the ball tightly, using more rice if need be.
- Line up 3 dishes and put some flour in one, beat the other 2 eggs in the next, and put the bread crumbs in the third. Dredge the balls in the flour, dip in the egg and roll in the crumbs. Put the balls on a plate and refrigerate them for 15 minutes.
- Fry them in the oil until golden brown. Serve hot.
This recipe was featured on Season 21 - Episode 2120.