Ten Minute Chunky Tomato Sauce
- 3 Makes aboutquarts
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 28 Twoounce cans plum tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Fine sea salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1 small bunch fresh basil leaves
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and add the garlic.
- Cook over medium heat until it begins to turn golden brown and smell fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes, sugar, salt, pepper and basil.
- Stir the ingredients to blend well.
- Cook the sauce over medium heat uncovered for about 10 minutes
- Puree the sauce with an immersion blender Sauce is ready to use or freeze.
This recipe was featured on Season Pronto! - Ten Minute Chunky Tomato Sauce.