Tomato and Wine Risotto - Episode 2725
Serves 4 to 6
- 1/4 pound Speck Alto Adige, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, minced
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio or carnaroli rice
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 5 cups fresh cherry tomato juice, heated
- 1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- Salt to taste
- In a heavy 2-quart saucepan, brown the Speck Alto Adige until crisp; remove and set aside.
- Over medium heat, add the oil to the pan and stir in the onion and cook it until it softens. Stir in the rice and cook coating all the rice grains with the oil. Add the wine slowly and stir until it is almost absorbed by the rice.
- Begin adding the tomato juice a ladleful at a time and stir until the rice absorbs each addition of the juice. Continue stirring until the rice is cooked but not mushy. Stir the cheese, Speck Alto Adige and a bit of salt into the rice. Serve immediately, garnished with a chiffonade of basil.
- Note: You can find risotto spoons on-line.
This recipe was featured on Season 27 - Episode 2725.
No comments on this recipe.