Great on toast, cheese platter, with burrata, or soft cheeses like taleggio or gorgonzola dolce.
- 5 lbs tosummer ripe plum tomatoes, washed, peeled, sliced in half, seeded and chopped (Or use same amount of cherry tomatoes)mato
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice plus the zest
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tbs white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 whole cinnamon stick
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 peeled onion studded with whole cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- Put the tomatoes in a soup pot with all the rest of the ingredients. Cover and bring to a boil, then lower the heat to simmer and stir to combine everything well.
- Cook uncovered over low heat until the jam is thick, about 45 minutes; The jam should be thick and spreadable, not thin and soupy.
- Discard the onion, cinnamon stick and bay leaves.
- Ladle the jam into pint size jars, cap and refrigerate or freeze for up to 1 year
- For a smoother jam, use an immersion blender.
This recipe was featured on Season 30 - Episode 3004.
No comments on this recipe.