SERVES 6 to 8
- 1 sheet prepared puff pastry
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 pound Prosciutto di Parma or Speck alto Adige, diced
- 1 large leek, white bulb only, chopped
- 2 cups Asiago cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup each minced basil and tarragon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups yellow cherry tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Roll the pastry to fit a 9 or 10 inch pie or tart pan or rectangular half sheet pan; refrigerate.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a sauté pan and cook the prosciutto or speck until lightly brown; transfer to a bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil to the pan and cook the leeks until soft; transfer to the bowl with the prosciutto
- Spread the cheese over the chilled puff pastry. Sprinkle the meat and leek mixture over the cheese.
- In a small bowl combine the basil, tarragon and just enough olive oil to make a paste. Stir in the salt.
- Arrange the tomatoes on the cheese making sure to fill in any gaps. Dab small amounts of the herb mixture between the tomatoes.
- Bake until tart is puffed and golden brown and tomatoes have collapsed a bit, about 20 to 35 minutes. Cool slightly before cutting in wedges.
This recipe was featured on Season 28 - Episode 2817.