Trenette with Pesto, Potatoes, and Green Beans / Trenette con Pesto, Patate, e Fagioli
SERVES 4 TO 6
This recipe combines pasta from Liguria called trenette and pesto with potatoes and green beans, and is a specialty found in Cinque Terre and Portofino. Linguine can be used instead of the homemade trenette.
- 4 toquarts water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 medium-size potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch diagonal pieces
- 1 pound trenette pasta
- 1/2 cup Pesto Sauce
- Freshly grated Pecorino or Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese for sprinkling
- Bring the water to a boil in a pasta pot. Add the salt, potatoes, and green beans and cook until the vegetables are al dente, tender but still firm, about 4 minutes. Add the pasta, stir it with a pasta fork, cover the pot, and bring the water back to a boil. Uncover the pot and cook the pasta just until al dente, about 3 minutes. Drain the pasta and vegetables into a colander, reserving ½ cup of the cooking water. Return the pasta and vegetables to the pot.
- In a small bowl, combine the prepared pesto sauce with just enough of the reserved cooking water to make a smooth consistency. Pour the sauce over the pasta. Gently combine and mix the ingredients well over low heat. Transfer the pasta and vegetables to a platter or bowl and serve immediately. Pass additional cheese on the side.
This recipe was featured on Season 9 - Episode 909.