Turkey and Avocado Salad
Turkey salad gets a flavor boost from peppery arugula, spring peas and citrus served in an avocado boat.
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large lemons - juice and zest
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 spring onions, cut into thin rings
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- grinding black pepper
- Salad Ingredients
- 1 pound cooked boneless turkey breast, cubed to make 2 cups
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 cup arugula leaves torn into small pieces
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, 4 tablespoons of lemon juice, the zest, dry mustard, honey, onions, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine the turkey, peas, arugula and toss to combine well. Pour dressing over the chicken mixture and toss well. Set aside.
- Cut avocado in half and remove pit. Use a large spoon and remove the halves from their skins by inserting the spoon between the skin and the pulp and following the contour of the halves. Place halves in a bowl and pour remaining lemon juice over them and toss them gently to coat them well.
- Arrange the avocado halves on each of 4 salad plates and divide and fill the halves with the turkey mixture. Garnish with the almonds.
No comments on this recipe.