Walnut Pesto for Pansotti
- 1 cup milk or cream
- 1 large slice of sourdough bread, crusts removed
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 10 leaves fresh marjoram
- Sea salt to taste
- Warm water
- Hot pasta water
- Put the bread in a bowl and cover with the milk or cream. When it is completely wet, drain and squeeze with your hands to remove excess liquid.
- Put the drained bread in a blender or food processor, along with the walnuts, garlic, marjoram, cheese and 2 pinches of salt. Blend until the walnuts are well crumbled and the mixture turns smooth.
- Add the olive oil and lukewarm water as needed to obtain a thick creamy pesto.
- When ready to serve with pansotti, combine the walnut pesto with a small amount of hot pasta water and either pour over the pasta or toss lightly in a saute pan to warm thoroughly.
This recipe was featured on Season 28 - Episode 2812.
No comments on this recipe.