Warm Butternut Squash Salad
This salad is perfect for the fall holiday season with its jewel like colors — it will be the star of the table!
- 1 small butternut squash peeled, cut in half lengthwise, seeded and cut into thin crosswise slices, about ¼ inch thick
- As Needed Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ripe pears, cut in half, seeded and cut into ¼-inch thick slices
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cups shredded radicchio
- 1/2 pound Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, shaved
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- To Taste Salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a bowl toss the squash slices with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and roast them in a pre-heated 350F oven until they are knife tender.
- Transfer them to a bowl and drizzle them with 2 tablespoons of the maple syrup. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Toss the pear slices with the remaining maple syrup and arrange them on a lightly oiled non stick baking dish and roast them in a 350F pre-heated oven along with the squash, until the pears are soft and slightly browned. Cool.
- In a bowl toss the radicchio with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the vinegar. Add the cranberries and toss again. Add the pear slices and gently toss. Salt to taste
- Divide the radicchio mixture among 4 salad plates. Spoon squash slices over the pears. Garnish with the shaved cheese.