Watermelon and Feta Cheese Salad
Italians love to cool off with hunks of juicy watermelon (cocomero) and maybe they would find it just as delicious in this summer salad that I concocted one blazing August day.
- 2 cups cubed watermelon
- 1 large avocado, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 sweet red onion, thinly sliced
- Fine sea salt to taste
- Filippo Berio organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Combine the watermelon, avocado, strawberries and red onion in a salad bowl. Sprinkle with salt. Drizzle the olive oil over the top and toss the ingredients gently. Sprinkle the feta cheese over the salad and serve immediately.
This recipe was featured on Season 23 - Episode 2301.