Wholewheat Penne with Mushroom Ragu / Penne con La Salsa di Funghi
WILL DRESS 1 POUND OF PASTA
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 4 plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- Salt to taste
- Grinding black pepper
- 16 oz. package penne
- Heat butter and oil in a casserole over medium high heat.
- Mince the garlic, parsley and thyme together and add to the butter mixture. Cook for a couple of minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until they exude their liquid and the pan looks dry.
- Stir in the tomatoes and add the broth. Cover and cook over simmering heat for about 20 minutes.
- Uncover the pan and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over cooked penne.
This recipe was featured on Season 21 - Episode 2109.