Winter Citrus Salad - Recipes without show numbers
- Zest the orange and place the zest in a small bowl.
- Use a small knife to cut away the skin and peel of the grapefruit and orange, following the shape of the fruit. Over the bowl containing the zest, use a small knife to cut the fruit into segments, allowing the juice to fall into the bowl.
- Place the segments in a separate bowl and set aside.
- To the juice and zest, whisk in the olive oil, mustard, salt, onions, celery salt and honey. Set aside.
- Place the endive, fennel, radicchio, celery and dates in a salad bowl and toss gently Add half the dressing and toss again. Add the grapefruit and orange segments and toss. Gently. Sprinkle the nuts and cheese over the salad. Drizzle with the remaining dressing. Serve immediately.
- Serves 4
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 blood orange, plus zest
- ¼ pound endive, washed, dried and torn into pieces
- ½ cup thinly sliced fennel
- ½ cup shredded radicchio
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- ½ cup chopped dates (about 4 to 5 whole dates)
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup shaved Manchego cheese or cheese of choice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup juice
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon celery salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
No comments on this recipe.