Zucchini-Mint Soup / Zuppa di Zucchini e Menta
This soup is a good starter for just about any occasion. To make quick work of this recipe, I keep bags of pureed zucchini and dried tomatoes in the freezer.
- INGREDIENTS2 pounds small zucchini, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 white onion, minced
- 1/2 cup finely diced dried tomatoes
- 2 cups hot chicken broth
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh mint
- Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese for sprinkling, optional
- DIRECTIONSBring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add the zucchini and cook until soft enough for a knife to penetrate the skin easily, about 10 minutes. Drain and place the chunks in a food processor or blender. Puree the zucchini until very smooth. Set aside.
- In a soup pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until very soft but not browned. Add the tomatoes and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the zucchini, chicken broth, and salt and pepper, lower the heat, and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the mint and simmer for 5 minutes longer.
- Ladle the soup into serving bowls and sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese if desired.
This recipe was featured on Zucchini-Mint Soup / Zuppa di Zucchini e Menta - Episode 709.
No comments on this recipe.