Zucchini Soup with Cheese and Eggs / Minestra di Zucchine con Cacio Uove
SERVES 4 TO 6
This old-fashioned soup with zucchini, cheese, and eggs is served over slices of stale bread. Use small-size zucchini; they are more tender and will cook faster.
- 2 tablespoons Filippo Berio Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 small zucchini, ends trimmed, washed and diced
- 4 cups hot chicken broth or water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup grated Pecorino or Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Small bunch of basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- Heat the olive oil in a soup pot and cook the zucchini until lightly browned. Pour in the broth or water. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together the eggs and the cheese in a bowl and pour it into the soup. Stir well. Stir in the basil. Serve the soup as is or ladled over fried bread slices.
This recipe was featured on Season 15 - Episode 1520.
No comments on this recipe.