Resolved Not To Dissolve: Ten Resolutions for 2010
January 1, 2010
Happy New Year!
It’s a brand new year with brand new resolutions, and I am the first to admit that I don’t even make them anymore because like a lot of people I sometimes fall off the wagon and just don’t stick to them.
But if I made resolutions they would of course revolve around food.
So here are ten resolutions for ’10:
- Never eat lunch standing up over the sink or while reading a book.
- Control portion size by filling a salad plate and not a dinner plate with food
- Eat less red meat and only 4 ounces per serving
- Refuse second helpings
- Go Green; add lots of leafy greens to your diet
- Ease up on the sugar from all sources, especially sweets
- Use more herbs instead of salt to season food
- Support your local farmer’s market
- Always shop for groceries with a list; don’t be tempted by extras
- Drink a lot of water