Amalfi Style Veal Cutlets / Scaloppine alla Sorrentina
- 1/2 cup flour
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper
- 2 pounds veal cutlets
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Filippo Berio olive oil
- 8 ounces whole peeled plum tomatoes
- Fine sea salt to taste
- Grinding coarse black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 4 ounces sliced salami locale Napolitana
- 4 ounces fior di latte, sliced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place the flour, salt and pepper in a bag and shake to combine. Coat the slices of veal cutlet in the flour mixture. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large sauté pan and add the olive oil; when the mixture is hot, brown the slices of veal in the pan quickly on both sides and transfer them as they brown to a dish.
- In the same pan, squeeze the tomatoes so they are in bits, and add salt and pepper to taste, wine, oregano, and parsley. Cook the mixture quickly for 5 minutes.
- Grease a casserole dish with butter. Lay the veal in the casserole. Place a slice or two of the salami on top of the veal. Then top the salami with slices of the fior di latte cheese.
- Cover the cheese with the sauce and sprinkle the Parmigiano Reggiano over the sauce.
- Bake no longer than 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
This recipe was featured on Season 20 - Episode 2008.
No comments on this recipe.