Anise Cookies / Angenetti
- 1/2 cup anise seeds (finely chopped)
- 3 2/3 cups King Arthur Unbleached, All-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup confectioners sugar (for glaze)
- Chop anise seeds finely with a small electric chopper, coffee grinder, or sharp knife. Into a bowl, sift flour and baking soda. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Stir in egg, molasses, milk, and chopped anise seeds; beat well.
- Blend in flour mixture.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours. Shape dough into rolls about 1 1/2-inch in diameter. Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Slice dough about 1/4-inch thick. Place on ungreased baking sheets; bake for 10 to 12 minutes at 375°
- Cool on rack.
- Drizzle tops with confectioner's sugar mixed with a few drops of water to make a glaze.
- Makes about 8 to 10 dozen anise cookies
No comments on this recipe.