Anna Esposito's Lamb and Potato Casserole
SERVES 6 TO 8
Anna Esposito’s hearty casserole makes a great one-dish dinner or adds interest to a buffet table. It’s sure to become a favorite of all lamb lovers.
- 1/4 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 to 3 pounds of potatoes, washed, peeled, and sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/2 cup minced parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced rosemary
- 2 pounds of lamb sliced from a leg of lamb, pieces no larger than serving size
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Pour half of the olive oil into a deep baking pan and turn the pan so the sides are coated with the oil to make serving easier.
- Layer half the potatoes in the bottom of the pan. If some slices are thicker than others, use these on the bottom layer. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the layer of potatoes. Mix the garlic, parsley and rosemary together and sprinkle half of it over the potatoes in the pan. Arrange the lamb slices evenly over the layer of potato slices.
- Add more salt and pepper and drizzle the rest of the olive oil over the lamb. Sprinkle the cheese over the lamb. Then layer the rest of the potatoes over the top. Sprinkle salt and pepper and the rest of the herb mix over the potatoes and add about a quarter cup of water to the pan.
- Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour. Add 1/2 cup more water to the pan and bake another hour, or until a fork easily pierces through the meat and potatoes. Serve immediately.
- Recipe featured in Program 2518
This recipe was featured on Season 25 - Episode 2518.