Antonietta's Veal Sauce / Salsa di Vitello alla Antonietta
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup ground veal
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped celery leaves
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups prepared tomato sauce
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan and then add the garlic, onion, veal, and carrot. Sauté for about 4 minutes or until the meat is browned. Add the parsley, celery leaves, wine, and tomato sauce. Once the sauce begins to simmer, cook for 2 more minutes. Add salt to taste. Remove and discard the whole garlic cloves.
- Add one cup to prepared pasta, toss, top with remaining.
- Cheese for topping: Pecorino Romano
No comments on this recipe.