Apricot and Yogurt Ice Cream Cups
- 1/2 cup water
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 inch piece vanilla bean, split lengthwise and seeds scraped
- 8 apricots, pitted and cut into quarters
- 2 cups raspberries, rinsed and dried
- 1 cup frozen vanilla yogurt
- small bunch mint
- Pour the water into a medium size sauce pan. Stir in the lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of the honey and the vanilla bean seeds. Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes. Lower the heat to simmer and add the apricot slices and cook 1 minute. Turn off heat and allow apricots to cool in liquid. Drain half the apricots and set aside.
- Pour the liquid and remaining apricots and honey into a blender and purée until a smooth sauce is obtained. Transfer to a bowl.
- Wash out the blender; add 1 1/2 cups of the raspberries and puree until smooth; sieve the sauce over a bowl. Discard the seeds.
- Divide and pour the apricot sauce in the bottom of each of 4 dessert cups. Add a scoop of yogurt to each cup and then divide and add the reserved apricot slices. Add another scoop of yogurt and then the raspberry sauce divided among the cups. Garnish each with a couple of raspberries on a long skewer with mint leaves.
- Note: You may use gelato or ice cream instead of frozen yogurt in this recipe.
This recipe was featured on Season 23 - Episode 2301.
No comments on this recipe.