Asparagus and Sausage Pizza
Treat yourself to the goodness of spring asparagus paired with the flavor of sweet Italian sausage. You’ll be glad you did!
SERVES 8 TO 10
- 1 recipe Quick Yeast Dough for Pizza
- 1/2 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch long pieces
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large sweet red pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch wide strips
- 1/2 pound sweet Italian sausage with fennel, casing removed
- 3/4 cup shredded provolone cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place the asparagus in a skillet and add 1 cup water. Cook until the asparagus are tender; drain and transfer to a bowl.
- In the same skillet add the olive oil and cook the peppers until they soften. Transfer to the bowl with the asparagus.
- In the same skillet, cook the sausage until it is no longer pink; season with salt and pepper. Cool.
- Divide the dough in half and roll each piece into a 12-inch round. Spread the sausage over the dough rounds. Spread the asparagus and peppers over the sausage. Sprinkle the provolone over all.
- Bake until the crust is brown and the cheese has melted. Slice and serve.
This recipe was featured on Season 21 - Episode 2103.