Baked Apples with Nuts and Marmalade
Need a healthy dessert in a hurry? Bake apples Italian style by utilizing the microwave. In 8 minutes or less you will have baked apples that are a perfect wintertime treat. Cortland is the best apple to use for this recipe because it holds its shape. To save time, make these before preparing the rest of the meal. Pop them into the microwave while serving dinner and they will be just the right temperature when you are ready to serve them.
- 4 Large Cortland apples, cored
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 3 teaspoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Place the apples in each of 4 individual microwave-proof bowls.
- In a small bowl, mix together the walnuts and orange marmalade.
- Using a small spoon, fill the cavity of each apple with some of the mixture. Place a piece of butter on top of each apple.
- Carefully pour 2 tablespoons of the orange juice in the base of each bowl.
- Bake the apples in a microwave on high power for 5 to 8 minutes.The apples should hold their shape but be soft.
- Allow the apples to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
No comments on this recipe.