Baked Fish and Roasted Tomatoes
So simple but so flavorful; this is one of my favorite ways to cook fish.
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil plus extra to grease baking dish
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 4 to 6-ounce pieces cod or haddock fillet
- 2 tablespoons capers in brine, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the cherry tomato halves in bowl and toss with the olive oil.
- Transfer them to a greased rimmed baking sheet. Bake the tomatoes until they are shriveled and roasted looking. Halfway during the cooking process, pour the vinegar over them and toss evenly. Keep the tomatoes in a single layer if possible.
- Meanwhile salt and pepper the fish and place in a single layer in a greased baking dish. Spread the tomatoes over the top of the fish and add the capers.
- Bake until the fish flakes, about 8-10 minutes.
This recipe was featured on Season 23 - Episode 2325.
I want to try your recipe for cod with roasted tomatoes. Looks easy and delicious. What vegetable would you recommend with it?
This recipe turned out great and it was so easy.
This recipe was so easy and turned out great.
This is so easy and delicious. There is no chance of drying out the fish. It’s even excellent re-heated!
My husband & I watched Ciao Italia this morning &Mary Ann made this baked fish with roasted tomatoes. Since we had cod in the refrigerator it was perfect timing . We made the fish for dinner and it was delicious. Thank you, Mary Ann!