Crunchy Crab Cakes
The best thing to do when making crab cakes is to keep it simple, using just a few ingredients.
Be sure to make some Lemon and Olive Oil sauce to go with them!
- 8 oz fresh crab meat
- 3 shakes hot red pepper sauce
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- To taste salt and black pepper
- Combine the crabmeat in a bowl with the salt, pepper, red pepper sauce, one egg, parsley, lemon juice and zest. Mix well.
- Beat the remaining eggs in shallow bowl. Place the breadcrumbs in a separate bowl.
- Using two spoons, scoop up about 1/3 cup of the crabmeat mixture and coat it in the egg. Do not worry that it does not hold together at this point. Next coat it in the breadcrumbs and with your hands, make a tight round about ½ inch thick. As you make them, place them on a baking sheet and refrigerate them uncovered for about 30 minutes. This will allow the crumbs to “dry” so they will brown nicely.
- Heat half the oil in a large non-stick sauté pan until the oil begins to shimmer and fry, a few at a time. When the edges of the crab cakes begin to brown, carefully turn them over using two spatulas and brown the other side. Transfer the crab cakes to a warm serving platter and cook the remaining crab cakes using additional oil if the pan seems dry. Place two crab cakes on each of 4 plates and serve with lemon sauce spooned over the top.
No comments on this recipe.