Basic Pizza Dough #2
Makes 2 crusts
- 1-1/2 cups warm (110°F) water, preferably filtered)
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 3 to 3-1/4 cups Caputo or King Arthur OO flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Pour the water into the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Add the yeast and whirl to blend. Let stand 10 minutes until chalky and bubbles begin to appear. Add 2-1/2 cups of the flour and the salt; whirl to combine and form a ball of dough that moves away from the sides of the bowl and is not tacky to the touch. Add additional flour if the dough is very wet but adding too much flour will result in a dry, hard texture. The dough should be soft but not gooey.
- Grease a large bowl with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and coat the dough in the oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow the dough to rise until doubled in size. The dough can be made a day ahead and after the rising step, punched down and placed in a plastic bag in the refrigerator until needed. If you do this, place the dough in a large bowl and allow it to stand several hours at room temperature before forming the pizza.
This recipe was featured on Season 28 - Episode 2822.
Saw the show for the first time and I am so looking forward to baking the Focaccia with rosemary, black pepper and garlic. Also, looking forward to seeing more of your recipe and your shows.