Basil and Chicken Wrap / Panino con Pollo e Basilico
- 2 cups finely minced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/3 cup crumbled Gorgonzola dolce cheese
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 large basil leaves, washed and dried
- Combine all the ingredients except the basil leaves in a bowl.
- Divide and spread the mixture on each of the basil leaves. Roll up like a wrap sandwich. Serve with a couple of cherry tomatoes on a toothpick.
- Note: Not everyone will be able to find large basil leaves. Not to worry, you can still enjoy the flavor of this sandwich. Finely chop about a dozen small to medium sized basil leaves and add it to the chicken mixture. Use red leaf lettuce, or another green of your choice, to wrap the mixture.
This recipe was featured on Season 16 - Episode 1619.