Blueberry and Marsala Wine Tea Cake
Enjoy this delicious, Italian-style coffee cake made with Marsala wine.
Makes one loaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sweet Marsala wine
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Lightly spray a 10 x 4 x 3 inch loaf pan or small tube pan and set aside.
- Sift together the 1 3/4 cups flour with the salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar until lemon colored. Beat in the milk and wine. Slowly beat in the flour mixture.
- Gently toss the blueberries in a separate bowl with the 2 tablespoons flour. Gently fold them into the batter.
- Spread the batter evenly in the pan.
- Bake for approximately one hour, or until a cake skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a rack. Un-mold and cut into slices to serve.
- Sprinkle confectioners sugar over the top.