Boneless Pork Loin Roast Cooked in Milk/Arista di Maiale al Latte
- 3 tablespoons Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin roast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 whole cloves garlic, unpeeled (in camicia)
- 3 fresh sage leaves torn into pieces
- 2 cups whole milk
- In a heavy duty pot, heat the olive oil and add the garlic cloves and sage. Cook a minute or two then salt and pepper the boneless pork loin roast well and brown it on all sides.
- When well browned, add 1 cup of the milk; cover the pot and allow the meat to cook for 30 to 45 minutes. If pan is dry during the cooking add more milk. The milk will create a sauce-like consistency in the bottom of the pan.
- Transfer the meat to a cutting board and cut into thin slices and place on a platter. Transfer the drippings in the pan to a mesh strainer and press on the solids over the meat slices to release the meat juices.
This recipe was featured on Season 24 - Episode 2424.
No comments on this recipe.