Bonet della Nonna
A “Bonet” is a typical sweet from the Piedmont.
- 6 eggs
- 7 ounces sugar (1 cup )
- 7 ounces cocoa (2 cups )
- 2 cups milk
- 5 ounces amaretti cookies, crushed
- 5 ounces sugar for melting
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together; whisk in the cocoa
- Bring milk to a boil in a saucepan; remove from heat.
- Temper the eggs with some of the milk mixture, whisking it well. Then add all the milk to the egg mixture, whisk slowly until smooth. Stir in the amaretti.
- Melt the remaining sugar in a small saucepan and let it turn caramel color.
- Pour carefully into a mold or loaf pan and allow to cool.
- Carefully pour the egg mixture over the caramel sugar. Place the mold or loaf pan in a casserole dish and pour hot water carefully along the sides of the pan to create a water bath
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the mold from the water bath. Cool the bonet, then refrigerate for an hour.
- To serve, dip the bottom of the mold in hot water then invert it onto a serving dish.
No comments on this recipe.