Broccolini and Artichoke Pesto
- 1/4 cup walnut halves
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts in water, drained
- 1 cup packed basil leaves
- 4 tbs grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese plus extra
- Salt and pepper to taste to taste
- 3/4 lb uncooked fusilli pasta
- In a small saute’ pan, toast the nuts over medium heat and when fragrant, transfer them to a small bowl and set aside.
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a pasta pot. Add I tablespoon salt and the broccoli; cook for 2 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer broccoli to a colander and allow it to drain. Keep the water in the pasta pot covered and at a simmer.
- Transfer broccoli, nuts, garlic, artichokes, basil and cheese to a blender or food processor and pulse until mixture is paste like. With motor running dribble in olive oil until a sauce consistency is obtained. Transfer to a bowl and add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Return water in pasta pot to a full boil and add the fusilli; cook until al dente, drain, reserving ½ cup of the cooking water.
- Transfer fusilli back to the pasta pot and stir in the pesto and just enough of the reserved water if needed if the sauce is too thick. Serve hot with extra grated cheese.
This recipe was featured on Season 30 - Episode 3006.
No comments on this recipe.