Brunch Panini with Peaches, Ricotta, Honey & Almonds
MAKES 1 SANDWICH
In Italy at lunchtime it is very popular to have crusty grilled sandwiches, panini alla griglia. Be sure to use good, country-style bread with a coarse crumb and the best fillers you can find. It also helps to have a panini maker, but if not, use a non-stick skillet and be sure to season the pan well with olive oil or butter so the bread will toast evenly and not burn. As the sandwich browns, use a spatula to press on it to help maintain contact with the pan.
- 2 INGREDIENTSslices whole grain or sourdough-type bread (Day old bread could also be used.)
- 2 teaspoons salted butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 white peach, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Sprinkle of sea salt
- DIRECTIONSButter both slices of bread with 1 teaspoon of butter each and place them on a plate, buttered-sides down. Spread half of the ricotta on each slice of bread. On one slice of bread, completely layer peaches over the cheese and drizzle the slices with honey and then the sea salt. Sprinkle the other slice with the almonds. Put both halves together, buttered-sides facing out, and gently place in a panini maker and grill till golden brown.
- If making in a skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a non-stick sautÃƒ© pan; when it begins to sizzle, add the sandwich and weigh it down with a grill press or cast-iron pan. When brown on the bottom, turn it over and brown the other side.
- The recipe is featured on show 1723, Grilled Sandwiches Ã¢‚¬ Panini Assortiti alla Griglia.
This recipe was featured on Season 17 - Episode 1723.
No comments on this recipe.