Buccellato with Strawberries and Mascarpone / Buccellato alla Fragole e Mascarpone
Let’s just say that you have too much of a good buccellato on hand. What to do? Make this sensational layered dessert with slices of the bread, either fresh or stale, and soaked in a strawberry wine sauce.
For the Buccellato recipe, click here:
- INGREDIENTS1 pound ripe strawberries, stemmed and cut into slices
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Juice oflarge lemon
- 5 cups dry red wine
- 24 slices of buccellato or enough to fill a 9x13-inch glass pan withlayers
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup mascarpone or cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- Mint leaves for garnish
- DIRECTIONSMash the berries in a large bowl with a fork. Stir in the sugar and lemon juice. Pour in the wine and mix well. Cover the bowl and refrigerate the mixture for 3 hours.
- Line the pan with 8 slices buccellato, trimming them if necessary to fit the pan. Cover the slices with some of the wine sauce. Keep making two more alternating layers of bread and sauce ending with the sauce mixture on top. Cover the pan and refrigerate for several hours to allow the bread to absorb all the liquid.
- Whip the cream with the mascarpone or cream cheese and sugar until stiff.
- When ready to serve cut the buccellato into serving size pieces like lasagne. Place them on individual dessert dishes and top with some of the whipped cream. Add a mint leaf for garnish and serve.
This recipe was featured on Season 13 - Episode 1304.
No comments on this recipe.