Try a caprese frittata for a fast lunch or supper and the best part is that the ingredients are fresh basil, fresh tomatoes and fresh mozzarella cheese just like the salad of the same name but here the ingredients are combined with egg beaters and baked into individual, delicious caprese frittatas.
- 4 small aluminum pie tins (xinches)
- 2 cups cubed mozzarella cheese
- 10 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 16 Oneounce carton egg beaters
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lightly spray the aluminum pie tins; divide and add the cheese to the tins; divide and top with the tomato halves. Sprinkle the basil evenly over the tins.
- In a small bowl mix the egg beaters with salt and pepper and pour evenly over the cheese and tomato mixture.
- Place the tins on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 350F oven for 15-18 minutes or until the egg mixture is firm and slightly browned on top.
- Serve these warm or at room temperature.
No comments on this recipe.