Celery, Parsley, Arugola Pesto
Serves 20 to 25 as an Appetizer
- 4 - 5 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cups celery leaves
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 1 cup arugula leaves
- 2 garlic cloves , peeled
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Bread slices
- Place the celery, celery leaves, parsley, arugula and garlic cloves, in a food processor and pulse until coarse. Add nuts and pulse a couple of times. Drizzle in the olive oil continuing to pulse until a loose sauce begins to form. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the cheese.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator with a light cover of olive oil for up to 5 days, or freeze in individual airtight containers for up to two months.
- Brown the bread slices in olive oil and drain on paper towels.
- Spread some of the pesto mixture on each slice and place on serving dish.
This recipe was featured on Season 22 - Episode 2212.
No comments on this recipe.