Cheesy Stuffed Meatballs
MAKES 8 MEATBALLS
Can you make a better tasting meatball? Absolutely! Just stuff them with a creamy, melting cheese like Fontina! This may be a little unconventional way to make them, but the taste elevates meatballs to elegant and they can be served alone or in tomato sauce. Achieve great flavor by using a combination of ground chuck and ground sirloin because the fat in ground chuck is essential for moistness, while the sirloin provides great texture.
- INGREDIENTS1/2 cup good quality bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup heavy cream or half/half
- 1/2 pound ground chuck
- 1/2 pound ground sirloin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- Grinding coarse black pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound Fontina or mozzarella cheese cut into 8 small pieces
This recipe was featured on Season 18 - Episode 1812.