Cherry Chocolate Tiramisu
Here is a twist on the classic tiramisu; ladyfingers dipped in cherry liqueur, then layered with cooked cherries, mascarpone cheese, and cream, Make these in individual goblets or wine glasses for a really nifty presentation.
- 1 pound Bing cherries, cut in half and pitted, plus 8 whole cherries for garnish
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 24 ladyfingers (use quick search in recipe box: "Lady Fingers" for how to make)
- 2 tablespoons cherry liqueur
- 1/4 pound good quality bittersweet chocolate, shaved
- Place the cherry halves in a medium saucepan and add 1/2 cup of the sugar, and the salt. Cook over medium high heat until the mixture begins to thicken; lower the heat and cook uncovered for 5-8 minutes. Transfer the cherry sauce to a bowl and refrigerate.
- Beat the mascarpone with the remaining sugar until smooth. In a separate bowl, beat the heavy cream until stiff; fold the cream into the mascarpone and refrigerate.
- Pour the cherry liqueur into a shallow bowl and dip each ladyfinger quickly into the liqueur; do not let them get mushy by over dipping them. Scoop some of the mascarpone mixture into each goblet; layer a ladyfinger or two in the goblet, then spoon on some of the cherry sauce; continue making layers of mascarpone, ladyfingers and cherry sauce. End with mascarpone. Place two cherries in the center of each goblet and sprinkle some shaved chocolate over each goblet. refrigerate at least several hours or overnight before serving.
This recipe was featured on Season 18 - Episode 1823.