Chewy Coconut Heathbar Macaroons
Chewy coconut macaroons are a holiday favorite; add them to your baking this year!
- 2/3 cup egg whites at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons warm honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 cups shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup HeathBar Crunch toffee pieces
- Makes about 2 ½ dozen
- Place egg whites in stand mixer or use a bowl and a handheld mixer. Whisk the whites on medium speed with the sugar, salt, honey and extracts until well combined and foamy looking.
- Mix coconut and flour together in a bowl then fold into the egg white mixture.
- Stir in the HeathBar crunch pieces and combine well.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and use a 1-inch cookie scoop to drop the batter onto the parchment paper.
- Bake in a pre-heated 325 F oven for 12-15 minutes, rotating the sheets. Macaroons should be golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Cool on racks to room temperature.
No comments on this recipe.