Serves 6 to 8
- 1 medium head cauliflower, rinsed, cored and cut into 1-inch florets
- 2 tablespoons Filippo Berio Olive Oil for Sautéing
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 5 cups milk
- Grinding nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 sheets dried lasagna noodles (×inches)
- 1 1/3 cups grated Parmigiano Reggiano, Grana Padano or Montasio Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the oil in a sauté pan and cook the onion over medium heat until soft; stir in the garlic and cook until it softens but does not brown. Raise the heat to high, add the chicken and the rosemary. Cook until the chicken has browned. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a 2 quart saucepan, melt the butter, stir in the flour and whisk the mixture until smooth but not brown. Over low heat, whisk in the milk and cook whisking continually until the sauce thickens. Stir in the nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine the sauce and cauliflower until well blended.
- Ladle a thin layer of sauce into a 9 × 13 × 2 1/2 inch casserole dish.
- Place two lasagna sheets in the base, overlapping them if need be.
- Spread 1/3 of the chicken mixture over the lasagna and sprinkle with 1/3 cup of the cheese. Ladle a scant cup of the sauce mixture over the chicken. Make two more layers like the first.
- Place the last two sheets of lasagna noodles over the top and ladle the remaining sauce over them. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer.
- Cut into squares and serve hot.
This recipe was featured on Season 24 - Episode 2401.