Chicken Thighs in Beer
Beer (Peroni) is very popular in Italy not only to drink but to cook with.
SERVES 4 – 6
- 1/2 cup King Arthur all-purpose flour
- Black pepper
- 6 boneless chicken thighs (about 1 1/4 pounds )
- 2 tablespoons Filippo Berio Olive Oil for Sautéing & Grilling
- 1 large clove garlic
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 cups beer (one 12 ounce bottle, preferably Peroni)
- Place flour, salt and pepper in a bag. Add chicken and coat well.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan. When sizzling, add 1 sprig of rosemary and the chicken. Brown the chicken.
- While browning, mince the garlic and remaining rosemary (needles only). Add to the chicken along with the bay leaves and continue cooking for a few minutes. Turn chicken and brown the other side.
- Add the beer, bring to boil and lower the heat. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 minutes or until fork tender.
- Arrange the chicken on a deep platter and pour the sauce over the top. Serve immediately. Or plate individually and pass the sauce on the side.
This recipe was featured on Season 23 - Episode 2304.
No comments on this recipe.