Coconut Chocolate Bars
Decadent, delicious and sinful. But, it’s the holidays and you deserve one.
- 1/2 pound dark chocolate broken into pieces
- 1/2 pound milk chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1-1/2 cups whole shelled walnuts
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 14 Oneounce package coconut
- 14 Oneounce can sweetened condensed milk
- Place chocolate in a heat proof bowl and set it over simmering water. Allow chocolate to melt. Stir in vanilla. Set aside.
- Place the graham cracker crumbs, ½ cup of nuts and the brown sugar in a food processor and process until nuts are finely chopped. Add butter through feed tube and pulse several times to combine ingredients.
- Press the mixture into a foil lined 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan, leaving an overhang, and bake for 10 minutes in a preheated 350F oven.
- Meanwhile combine the coconut and condensed milk in another bowl and spread it evenly over the graham cracker crust. Chop the remaining walnuts coarsely and spread over the coconut.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Spread chocolate evenly over the top. Refrigerate for several hours.
- Lift the foil out of the pan and peel away.
- Cut into bars.
- Makes 36